State/Region: Enugu (Overseeing all regions in Nigeria)
Career path: Human Resources (HR)
Contract type: Long-term
Experience required: Min 5 years
- Develop an HR team that can effectively and efficiently execute all HR functions.
- Provide quality services & results as it pertains to HR administration and systems, and core fields of employee relations, performance management, compensation, & benefits.
- Ensure that employee issues are handled in a consistent manner.
- Provide effective coaching, counselling, and progressive disciplinary strategies on all ER issues, up to and including terminations.
- Develop strategies and tactics to address performance problems and opportunities in the organization.
- Develop broad recruitment strategies for regular, hard to fill, seasonal, and project based activities.
- Lead all aspects of disability and leave case management.
- Communicate company benefit programmes including facilitating roll out of new benefit plans and programmes.
- Ensure HR administrative processes are efficient, timely, and meet employee and business needs.
- Ensure HR systems are used to their best, and data accuracy is maintained, ensuring good capabilities for reporting and analysis of HR data and metrics.
Provide robust talent management, consulting, and support:
- Review talent data to identify needs and gaps.
- Execution of regularly scheduled talent processes, including performance appraisal, and talent review.
- Use Talent Review to develop succession plans for applicable strategic positions.
Provide consultative services & develop strategic solutions:
- Analyse business trends, run competitive analysis, and recommend creative solutions across all HR subject areas.
- Ensure ongoing interaction with the employee population to develop an awareness of the health of the overall business.
- Develop HR programs/policies and advise on business decisions with a fiscally responsible approach
- Manage budget, audit activities, and expenses. (With the guidance of the accounts/finance team)
Professional requirements (minimum):
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND (or equivalent)
- Preferred- Human Resource Management
Language required (minimum):
- English Language
- Preferred- NA
Software knowledge required (minimum):
- Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides…
- OR it’s equivalents (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint etc.)
- Other HR Management software
- Leadership and people management skills
- Excellent organisational, planning, and follow-up skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Diplomacy and strict confidentiality
- Strong integrity
- Creative and rational thinking
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple tasks efficiently at the same time
- Self-driven and proactive
- Detail oriented & analytical